Tuesday, October 25, 2022

RPod Trip to the Beach...

We made our second run living the Rpod camper life style to the Breeze RV Park in Surfside, Tx. One of the customs Rpoders keep is the naming of the vehicle with a frog theme since the frog is the emblem on the back of the camper. We are now calling our pod the Road Toad.  

Surfside is a handy place to camp. Tim, Rose and the big grand kids Warren and Coraline are nearby in Lake Jackson and the kids stayed with us sleeping in the bunks. 

The tent like structure that zips to the side of the camper called the rdome provided us with shade and with the sides zipped down on our recent East Texas lake trip an extra sleeping room with mosquito protection. Several of our camping neighbors, all with big houses on wheels type campers told us they liked the tent. It makes a good place to sit outside while they sat inside watching TV. Of course the Astros were playing and I'll forgive them that.  

I recommend the rpod camper for people that like to be outside. It's small. I could see if there were only two sitting around reading and playing cards on a rainy day but not much fun for having a big crowd. 


Overall a nice quiet park with a communal fire ring which we supplied the wood for and sat around in the evening enjoying the night sky and meeting our camping neighbors. The weather was nice and cool and with the camper windows open no air conditioner was required.  


The beach area we were on is a city beach with some rules about parking and one-way driving and such and in the off season not crowded at all. It was very windy with rough surf so the only fish I caught was a ribbon fish. 

In our plans is a boondock trip to the free camping county beach. There are no hookups,  no sewer, no water or electricity. I think we are beach bum enough to handle it. 


Next trailer trip we have scheduled is The Old Mill Music Festival in Kennard, Tx. 

 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger