Monday, December 26, 2022

Cathy's Aunt Shelia's 90th Birthday Party...

The whole reason for our recent camper trip, other than the fact we make fun a year round seasonal occupation was to visit Cathy's Aunt Shelia in Edgewater, Fl. for her 90th birthday. Her kids, Claire, Ann, Doug and Paul were all there in addition to some of their kids and grandkids so we count them on our cousin world tour list and a very good visit was had by all. 
I think as best I can recall that in addition to the local Florida residents states represented were Pennsylvania, Alabama and Massachusetts as well as Texas. Shelia is Cathy's dad Bill's sister. Her  husband Art and Bill passed away within a few days of each other back in 2020 and as it was at the beginning of Covid and due to the various restrictions there was never much of a family gathering to honor either man so this was a joyful fun celebration.        


There were several gatherings for nice meals at local restaurants and in the evenings the cousins hosted get togethers at one location or another. 

Shelia lives in a very nice assisted living facility and we visited her there. Cathy enjoyed the remembrances of the many old family photos that decorated Shelia's apartment.   


Ok, who is up next on the cousin tour? Cathy asked me last night what trip I wanted to make next year. 

 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you made it! Hopefully there will be more celebrations in the future.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

Thanks. We have discussed a possible Florida trip for next summer.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger