Sunday, November 13, 2022

M5 Mexican Brass...

Once again the Angelina Arts Alliance brings a fine show to the downtown Lufkin Pines Theater. Performing was the M5 Mexican Brass. 
Some may have expected something like the Tijuana Brass and the venue did not seem as well sold as it is for country music shows but if you are interested in music that usually plays world wide, at the Kennedy Center in New York City, and dedicates a large portion of time to schools, workshops and master classes to educate children you were not disappointed at the Brass's style mix of south of the border classical chamber style music including Bach, opera and St. James Infirmary Blues.    

There was also a lot of understated comedy and they let you in on the eye brow lifting in jokes of the group playfully making fun of each other. 


This photo is a little blurry but it catches the group jumping into the audience. 

Just in front of the trumpet player is my friend Norma who attends all Pines concerts. I sit with her daughter, Karen, who plays bass clarinet and Bethe on bari sax to form this wall of sound bass ensemble for the Angelina Civic Band  Norma comes to all rehearsals (she's a retired piano teacher) and tells me that I'm the best and at this show she said "he's good but you are better!" Nice to have a fan. That tuba player was very good and given about 5 years to rehearse the material I might be able to play some of it. 

Cathy did tell her to stop saying that because my head was big enough already. 


Catch the M5 Mexican Brass. I recommend it. 



 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger