Monday, February 13, 2023

Mardi Gras Parade Shreveport...

I've been to Mardi Gras in a few places besides New Orleans and this was my first time for a parade in Shreveport and it was a fine one. Here's the Captain of the Krewe of Centaur, Byron who happens to be the husband of a high school classmate of mine, Bobbie. You can spot Bobbie on the passenger side of the float with the sliver dot of the spotlight shining in her face. We had a great place to stand and after seeing everyone set up with BBQ, grilling and boiling pots we might be back with our full equipment next year.  

I think our last Mardi Gras parade might have been in Galveston just as COVID was (not that it's ramped down, probably know 20-30 people who had it the last couple of weeks) ramping up. Cullen, who caught on to bead catching quick was not even born. Mine and Cathy's second date was Mardi Gras in New Orleans and she caught on to bead catching quick also. 

Note the campers in the background. Maybe we will bring ours next year as I asked a sheriff what the rules were for campers along the parade route and he said anything not blocking the road or hurting anyone is ok. I mean it is Louisiana after all.   


Parker has seen a couple of Mardi Gras and knows what to do. 


Plenty of good throws to be had. The parade reported a million strands of beads and 200,000 go cups to toss from floats. Actually we were on a mission as we plan on using the beads we collected to decorate for the St. Patrick's Catholic Church Mardi Gras Party. I'll be cooking the chicken and sausage creole for that event.  


Ezra loads the wagon. 


Mary and Matt catching beads and running down errant children. 


Speaking of children, left to right Ezra, Cullen, Luca and Parker, the real Zulu Kings. 





 

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger