Saturday, January 21, 2023

Pink Martini at the Temple Theater...

Pink Martini is a band that has sold 3 million albums over the last 28 years. We have been buying their cds probably for the past 15-20 years and have at least 5 including the Christmas album. While it all has a laid back Cuban mambo beat they sing in 25 languages and have performed about anywhere that matters. A great tip of the hat to the Angelina Arts Alliance for bring them to Lufkin. 

Great drums, singers and horns! 


Every time someone says "They don't make music like they used to," I listen to a band singing in a language I don't understand who really play music like they used to and still do, with a beat that suits a conga line and try to figure out the age old question of, "how can I play this."  



In a time when everyone wants to find themselves be sure you listen to music that helps you do that instead of music that sells you who you are.  


Support the Angelina Arts Alliance. They are bring great shows and the past couple of years seems like they check my record collection to make the bookings. 




 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger