Sunday, September 03, 2023

New Fishing License Gets Broken In...

There is at least one person in Texas that has died from brain eating amoeba this past summer. That was not one of us. Yesterday two people in Texas caught and ate 6 catfish. That was us. There are about 330 million people in the USA. If they grouped up two by two and each group ate 6 catfish that would be 990 million catfish. If they all went swimming the numbers for the brain eating amoeba would still be pretty low.  I don't know if my three month old grandson, Milo is included in the latest population figures but from the looks of him once he gets off the chi chi leche those catfish consumption numbers will be skewed to the high side. Like all my grandkids he's going to be pretty smart and judging from the size of his head those brain eating amoeba are going to have a job of it.     

Fishing is slow. Even with the recent cool of a few degrees it was hot and still on the lake yesterday. Last September I had a big stump I tied to and caught big blue cat. Even with dropping lake levels I can't locate the spot again. I;m going to have to get with the other 330 million and start using that GPS that's a incorporated feature in my depth sounder. 


Nothing special on the size and we both caught 3 so somebody had their feelings hurt or anything like that. New fishing licenses were purchased Sept 1st. Don't do the math on on that for 6 catfish but we should be able to reduce operating average costs over a year's time.  

For a holiday weekend not too many people on the lake. Looks like the campsites that have been out of commission since they flooded several years ago have been repaired and a nice collection of campers occupied them. It always makes me feel good to see folks enjoying the outdoors. 


I had spent the morning on a pot of red beans so when we got home I fried the 6 catfish, the fillets and the backs with some zucchini from the farmers market. Cathy cooked the rice for the beans and we ate the fish and gnawed those crisp fried backs like my parents used to do.  

Remember the name of this blog is, "the older you will get..."


I occasionally make money from writing. 

 

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking Good

11:41 AM  
Blogger Carl said...

Thanks for reading

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger