Saturday, September 10, 2005

If everyone has so much stuff...

Just a question I have to ask after volunteering at the Salvation Army yesterday. People brought by such huge amounts of stuff to donate for hurricane victims. Way more than will every be needed. My son in law, Juan has been volunteering at the Astrodome and says they have to turn away trucks because there is so much stuff. I know I have seen people donate more clothes out of their home than I myself own.

If we as Americans have so much stuff, why are there ever people in the world that don't have anything? Why do people ever suffer. Why are they ever hungry people. Why does anyone ever feel they must go to war to get what someone else has? Why don't we take better care of our fellow man? Why does it take a diaster before we become compassionate? Why don't we educate everyone so their life is better?

Something aint right some where if you ask me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Maxwell said...

I just came from the furniture/housewares donation drop off point here in Nacogdoches - I now have less stuff!

4:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger