Tuesday, August 30, 2005

What a day today...

New Orleans flooded. I am sick over the destruction and lives lost. My favorite city in the world. I have spent so many good times there with family and friends and now things might never be the same. I had an old picture from the last century I was going to post but I can't find it. Made with a real camera and not on my computer hard drive it shows Cathy, Rose and Katie in front of St Louis Catherdral. Rose and Katie might be four and five, Morgan is too little to make the trip and stayed home with Grandma and Mary is not born.

I learned something from leaving the little one home that trip. If you can't make it down Bourbon St. without getting down on your all fours you need to stay home. That advice works well for adults as well as children.

Did good in school, 105 on a pop test, bloodied in battle now boy. Also handed in a short paper written on my experience of sleeping in a patient gown. It was something we were assigned to do. The teacher told me before I left it was the funniest thing she had read. Just a little gonzo journalism as praticed by the late great Hunter S. Thompson. You are part of the event you report on.

160 miles a day back and forth to Kilgore. Got 18 miles to the gallon yesterday. Slowed speed 5 mph today and got 21. Gas jumped 17 cents today.

Prayers for Nancy and family on the other side of Lake Pontratrain, Angela, Tim and Jeremy who is headed for Iraq later this year.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger