Wednesday, November 16, 2005

GoGol Bordello at Emo's...


Getting caught up on family reporting Cathy, Katie and Morgan went to see Cathy's favorite band, the guys that named this blog (help them out buy the cds solve the mystery) GoGol Bordello at Emo's in Austin a few weekends ago. Yours truly stayed home and studied. That's ok, it will pay off I've seen the a couple of times anyway.

Cathy now owns a "hoodie" with this logo. A hoodie is a big punk thing to have I have gathered. I don't have one yet. If you don't know what one is think back to sand lot football games played by frustrated jocks in their late 20s on cold Saturday mornings. Some guys will have on hoodies, hooded garments that match sweat pants and are usually the filthiest article of apparel there that morning. Punk hoodies are very clean.

Anyway if you haven't heard the music GoGol Bordello is a Gyspy/Punk/Ukrainian/Jewish/cabaret/combat/rock revolution. It's very loud music. Visual also. Got some girls in the band they play cymbals just like my daughter Mary. They also put on a show with bass drums and maracas.

There is also the lead guy Eugene. He is in a current movie "Everything is Illuminated" with the guy that played Frodo in Lord of the Rings. Frodo was at this show, Cathy saw him and said he was a little mini man, you could put him in your pocket. Any way if you see Eugene you will be glad his parents did not make him take medicine to make him behave when he was a kid.

Pictures taken by Cathy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Carl said...

Somehow I duplicated a picture, it is too late, I'm tired and don't care right now.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

Fixed it!

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger