Sunday, November 27, 2005

St. Patrick's celebrates 75 years...


When I saw this today I thought it was too cool and I had to have a picture.

It is a quilt celebrating the 75th anniversary of St. Patrick's Catholic Church. It was quilted by Connie Baurie with contributions by Patricia Adams, Sr. M. Christine, O.P., Jo Ann Cope, Fredia Gratz, Mary Mijares, Dianna Mitchell and Fe Vann.

All the pictures quilted in represent some part of parish life, the cultures found here, the LaSalette Order of priest, the various buildings over the years, ministries and the Catholic School.

Even though I am a relative newcomer, having maybe been a part of the parish for only 17 years it really gives me a good feeling to be a part of the things represented in this quilt. Sometimes we want to run out and be a part of the next stylish trend to come along, we want to act like we have always been a fixture on the cool scene when really it can give a good feeling to get in on something that has been going on for a long time, see where we fit and pitch in for the long run, sticking with people that feel the same way through thick and thin, good times and bad. You know that in 75 years there have been good times and bad, but St. Pat's is still here.

If I'm lucky, eat right, don't smoke, wear seat belts and no one runs over me in my tin can car I'll be around when the 100th enciphering is celebrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger