Friday, December 02, 2005

Dual use products...

How much thought does a design engineer put into the possibilities of his or her companies product being used for some other purpose?

I find it very hard to think of any use for a TV. Let me put that differently, I find little use for TV programming, main use of a TV is to view a program. I mean you could not take a TV and drive it to town for instance.

What brings these convoluted thoughts bubbling to the surface is my daughter Mary's preparation for this weeks Lufkin Panther playoff game. Last week they played and Mary marched with the band in a downpour. She had wet shoes that stayed in the bottom of a band uniform bag all week. She used a hair dryer to dry them last night in preparation for today's game.

My inclination, now take this as a generational difference is let my shoes dry own their own or wear them wet. I guess this is because, well get off my lawn, but they made hair dryers to dry heads when I was a kid. The air output part of it was square to optimize the heat deliverance to the largest number of square inches of a head. Any head. My hair dry of the mid 1970 was brown, a color only used by men and monkey poo. It was a man head dryer. Now they got these sleek Euro jobs, uni sex, probably have something to do with taking prayer out of the classroom and it looks like you could drive it to town.

You could not put my square air dryer in a shoe. These sleek Euro jobs fit right in there. Makes me wonder if there was some kind of Town Hall meeting where people aired out their problems with hair dryers and this is what surfaced as a concern, won't fit in my shoe.

I guess the reason all this came to my attention was that I heard that hair dryer. I don't think I had heard it before. Mary either does not dry hair, does not was hair, or may be I am all confused and it really is a shoe dryer. That might explain the Godless sleek Euro uni design, it is a shoe dryer, aren't European shoes heald in high esteem in where ever Euro sleek Godless Uni places exist?

All this increases my resolve to be more flexible, keep my brain active and prevent Al Hammer's disease. I'll wander the house getting creative with appliances, "what can I use this for, what can I use that for," it will be an endless journey of discovery, a quest all my own.

I'm glad stuff comes with extended warranties.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger