Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Friends of the field...


Walked to the mail box yesterday and saw these guys all along the fence. They were pretty wild and wanted to scatter, they did not like me too close. Can't really tell from the picture, but a lot of young ones, yearlings maybe. I counted about 85 of them.
Yesterday evening I went over to St. Andrews Catholic Church and made a music presentation for the scout troop there. I played a bunch of different instruments, their theme for the month was music in your life. One song I played on the tuba was Home on the Range.

I guess everything is connected, I had the song picked out and the lyrics printed up so the scouts could help with the singing before I ever saw the buffalo.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"No more buffalo, blue skies or open road. No more Rodeo for these old boys" --Makes me cry that I'm not there to see them! Love you!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Carl said...

That comment from Katie, as well as being another connected thing, is a song lyric by James McMurtry, son of Larry and a dang fine story teller himself.


Check him out here:
http://www.jamesmcmurtry.com/

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger