Thursday, January 12, 2006

Registered for school...

Got all registered for school yesterday. Had to drive to Kilgore, I could not do the early online registration because I could not make the early payment deadline. The Federal Trade Act for people who lost their jobs due to NAFTA and imports needs to see some grades before they pay off. Even with this hassle the registration process is much improved since the old days, computers and all I guess.

As I prepare to go back old familiar feelings surface. It's going to be tough, I'm going to have to work my ass off, am I doing this right and by golly this hurts, feelings that in my old age and hard bought wisdom I recognize as growth. Did I mention loss of sleep? Anyway I have come to know that having these feelings are kind of a self appointed place, I really like working my ass off. I'd be trying to duplicate the same situation somewhere, if I did not have this place to create it in.

Looking ahead, you have to look back. This has been a good Christmas break. How do I know? Well I apply that old tried and true stick of measurement of no emergency room visits. Really though, past few weeks have been good, my mom did well after her surgery, Christmas with the family was good, kids doing well in school, jobs and such, lot of opportunities for them, great fishing times with my wife, had some good musical adventures and as always listened to lots of music. These things were real gifts, can't be wore out, broken or taken back to the store. I'll play with them in my mind a long time.

One more fun weekend, though we need the rain, I hope it stays mild for a few more days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger