Friday, February 17, 2006

I wish I had a matador outfit...

You know, like they wear in Spain to fight the bulls. I don't care what color, just one with a lot of sparkles, stones and designs that match a purple cape. I already have a sword, in case I have to kill a bull but I wouldn't do that, that's not me, man.

 If I had a matador outfit I wear it all kind of places. I'd wear it walking the new sidewalks of down town Lufkin in the dusky evening falling dark, spangles catching the last light while people cutting through the downtown short cuts taking kids home or getting off work would see me and think, there really is some new business going on in the old places. I'd wear it white bass fishing off wind swept sandy points on the big lake, the glitter of the suit catching the rays of clear blue bird spring days while I stood casting in the front of the boat and shining in a thousand broken shards reflected across the water so that people miles up the lake driving across the long bridge think someone dropped a disco ball in the water. I'd wear it at the boat ramp when asking other fisherman what they caught them on mostly. I wear it to one of those cowboy churches where everybody just wears jeans just to show people that it's cool to dress up and go to church. I'd wear it to one of those Angelina County Democratic events I always get email invites to just to see if they would still send invites. I'd wear it to an Angelina County Republican event just to see if they though I was a Democrat. I'd wear it to New Orleans for Carnival. I'd wear it down to the French Market where James sells tie-died t-shirts and dresses just to show that straight guys know how to have fun too. I'd wear it because I want to see if I could get on the TV news in New Orleans one more time, just like those times before. I'd wear it at the next polka band gig because it would give the folks great pleasure. I'd wear it to a family reunion so they could see the real me. I'd wear it because I'm 64 years old and by golly I think I'd look good in the damn thing. I'd wear it when Cathy wore her belly dancer outfit. And if she got cold, I'd wrap her up tight in my purple cape.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Maxwell said...

Eccentric Matadores Exercising Religiously And Littering Do Not Use the Steamroller!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger