Wednesday, February 08, 2006

An anniversary of sorts...

Two years. It's been two years since the mill shut down. I lost the job I had had for 25 years. I am not looking back all homesick for that place, I'm not like a bunch of other guys, sitting around, go back at the drop of a hat I am just recording the fact of what happened. I guess the main fact about that shut down for me is that it seems so very strange to just walk away from things that you have done for that long and not do them again.

I have definitely used the skills of hard work and perseverance through thick and thin that I used at the mill to come a long way in a whole other direction since climbing down off the old fork lift and I have enjoyed that journey. But there was a certain amount of comfort involved in getting up go to work, coming home. Now it's get up go to school, come home study study seems like it's always something new, I can never learn it all, never get it all done. Certain amount of pain involved in new directions, it hurts and it don't get well quick as I would like. Not like the old rut that was known so well.

Because the old brain is so busy with new things all the time I seem more sensitive to the things that I would like to do, I often have thoughts about things I would like to do when I'm out of school. I guess that's just a way to rest the head, a daydream, what I'm doing right now is it, it's life as we know it.

I may never be comfortable again, comfort might just be a habit.

Here is a picture of me doing one of those things I think about that I'd like to do more of when I get out of school. Trying my best to to look uncomfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger