Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Struck out...

I guess you can say that when reporting about fishing. It don't happen around here often but no fish yesterday. We had guest also, my father in law and mother in law, Bill and Geneva. Oh we caught a couple of keepers, a few throw backs, but the little cool spell and the north wind messed things up.

The wind was blowing right into our spot making it hard to hold on the fish, if they were even there. Not to get too Mr. Science about fishing, but boat control and lure control is so important. Got to hold on the fish and put the lure in from of their nose at the speed they want it. Wind messes all that up sometimes, makes the boat drift too fast, the lure too fast and shallow. White caps on the main lake also limited the places we could visit to check for fish.

It was fun anyway, a nice sunny day, saw a bunch of ducks and a 10 foot gator and enjoyed the company of family. Thanks to the abundance of other trips there were fish in the freezer at home and we cooked them. They are swimming in my belly.

I think we are heading out again today, with a friend of Cathy's on board. Maybe I should hold Mary out of school so we will have someone on board to catch some fish.

Got the State School band night tonight.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Maxwell said...

Glad to see that last line!

Good luck fishin', have fun, see you this evening.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger