Thursday, December 28, 2006

This mornings duck hunt...


Me and Morgan were joined by Juan and Brandon for a duck hunt this morning. It started out slow. We set up decoys on one side of an old swamp. No takers. Guys on the other side of the swamp were blasting away. I suspect sky busting myself. All ducks I saw were too high.

We picked up the decoys by about 8:30 or so and took a long walk down to the big slough. This is really my favorite place and the only reason I hunted the swamp this morning was because of all the shooting that comes from that area. I should have stuck with my favorite place because Juan killed two wood ducks and Brandon killed one. Notice Juan's hat. It's the hat Cathy made him for Christmas. Maybe I could kill some ducks if I had a hat like that. I'll take two of them, please.

We saw 10 or more ducks in that area. No other hunters near.

I would really like to go tomorrow morning, but my waders are leaking like the old flat bottoms we used to rent at Uncle Henry's Fish camp on the Angelina River in 1964.

Here is Morgan and Brandon on a break from the action.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger