Friday, December 22, 2006

Busted!...

While duck hunting. At a Texas Game Warden road block in the Davy Crockett National Forest.

Seems that Morgan was under the impression that the license he bought had all stamps needed to hunt duck. He had a combo hunting and fishing. It had the federal duck stamp. It had the hip certification, something that goes on there because they ask you certain questions that have to do with duck hunting, are you going to did you last year and how many times. Should be pretty clear to the issuing clerk that you will be hunting migratory bird. Somehow he failed to get the state stamp, a $7 cost on there. I think it's the fault of the folks at Academy, the place where the license was purchased.

So anyway he can't get in touch with the Crockett Justice of the Peace till next week so we do not know the fine. We purchased a duck stamp within 30 minutes of receiving the citation. They are that easy to get, hopefully this will bear weight with the JP and indicate that intentions were good.

Me and our friend that went with us were ok. Our friend who shall remain nameless forgot some kind of safety unlocking device so he was not able to even fire a shot. Good thing, I only took one shot, I think I crippled one and could not find him in a thick brush top.

The game warden said to me as he checked to make sure my gun was plugged for water fowl hunting, "Nice Shotgun."

That must be the 6th or 7th time to be checked this year. All other times were OK, hopefully Morgan will get a break.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger