Thursday, December 21, 2006

Odds and Ends from the week...

Ok, so George Will, a nationally syndicated columnist takes a crack at bloggers today. That's easy for you George, you have the big gig. I think he misses the point. He quotes articles in Time magazine that compare Thomas Paine and Ben Franklin's efforts to blogging and myspace and goes on to say while there is nothing wrong with blogging there is nothing admirable either, that there is no genius involved.

I think the point is missed because one, no claims of genius are made here and for the fact that a blog gives one a way to keep connected to the far flung family that the modern world suffers today. Think about it, if we were all on the farm still we would not need a computer, we'd just hollar out and in the still of the night old cuz would here us and come a running. I think George just needs to read a good blog.

Reading a good blog is also helpful in keeping the writer from coming over to your house. Do you really want me at your kitchen table telling the catfish story again and again, or sticking my head outside for a little night screaming, or arranging my boogers on your good Christmas table cloth to represent parts of the brain? What if I need one more booger, will I ask for one of yours? When we do encounter one another and I start a conversation you can cut me short by saying, "I read it on the blog." Think of the enjoyment you can have as I sit and stew over in the corner, trying to think of something to say that has not been broadcast to the world. May be that's the genius, thinking before we speak.

Don't you wish this guy had a blog?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE BLOG DAD!

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am deeply offended by this photo of a unknow but very hansome individual there is no way this person could be that bad so close to x-mass maybe after the new year but not now. i really feel if he were to see this he would be hurt you ought to be ashamed of your self sincearly

S Clause
P.S. your going to get coal in your stocking

11:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is not bad, he is interesting and need s a blog just like just like mine.

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger