Tuesday, January 02, 2007

First fishing trip of 2007...

Ok we will just call it the Gerald Ford Memorial Catfish Round up. Since he seems to have had several funerals, we will have several catfish round ups and bream rodeos in his honor as the year passes.

It was slow, and cold with no big fish on the noodles, only one average size one, which made a total of 8 cats with one real nice 2lb blue Cathy caught.


Saw 5 otters. They swam and played until they were about 50 yards from us. Real nice to see them diving and hear their grunting and splashing. They looked real happy. Despite previous boasts of catching, killing and eating God's creatures I left them alone.

We attracted lots of attention from the gulls today.
Word travels fast one the lake when you are catching fish. Tried to get a decent shot of them all sitting on the water behind the boat, but it just looks kind of like we were throwing empty herbal tea bottles and baked chetoe wrappers in the lake.


We cooked them when we got home. They are swimming in my belly. There was enough for us and we called the kids to tell them when they got off work, come eat. If they don't show soon, there may be more of them swimming in my
belly.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger