Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Waiting...

What a waiting week. Waiting to get paperwork between Texas Workforce and the college straightened out. A chance call to them reveled one more document to sign, if I had not called I might have missed registration deadline. Still waiting to see if my account at the college updates today. Got to wait around, not to far from the phone, computer in case I need to make nasty calls, send scathing emails and such.

Also got an email from my instructor that I need updates on my last TB test in my files at school. This involves catching the infection control people in their office at the hospital where I work, they are busy people in and out. So there will be some waiting for this. Last day at work met one of these folks in the hallway and had a nice breezy chat. If I had known I needed an update I could have got it then.

Also Morgan has a shoulder surgery on Friday. He has torn the anterior part of his labrum on a board break at the TKD school. The labrum is a ring of cartilage that deepens the ball and socket shoulder joint. It's a scope surgery to fasten the labrum back down to the bone so that the as he gets older it does not start to grow spurs to keep the shoulder stable and cause arthritis. It will involve some immoblization with only passive movement for up to several weeks. Passive movement is where you don't move your arm on your own. The therapist gets to move it for you to keep from having frozen shoulder. The look on the patient's face where you do this makes all the study to get through school worthwild.

What I am really waiting on with Morgan is to see if he packs up for the move back to his apartment in Doches while he still has two good arms or I have to pack it for him.

I took the boat to the car wash yesterday. I am waiting for the carpet to dry before we slime it all up again with ginormus catfish.

Mary bought a nice digital camera. I am waiting for her contributions to the pictoral history of this page. So far only self portraits.

If you are waiting today feel free to post about it in the comment section. I'll wait for your insight.

So there you have the day, pretty boring, reveling the mortal waiting at the red light, sitting on go side of your noble adventurer. I know you expect better. I will give it, I promise.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got school paid for. Took about 4 phone calls and 3 emails, all so nice it just made me want to defecate.

Oh well someone has to keep a hand on the tiller.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I was waiting but I got the News...TRAVIS GOT THE JOB!!! I'll call mom this afternoon and talk to both of you if you are there...I'm going to come visit the weekend before we move Feb. 22 through the 25 so let's go fishing before we have to move up there!

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger