Friday, February 09, 2007

Almost missed an anniversary of sorts...

Walked out of the paper mill for the last time on or somewhere about this date in 2004. Seems like a long time ago, so distant that it was a dream or maybe never even happened. So weird to have a 25 year chunk of life disappear like that.

Maybe it's not weird to everyone that worked there. Every now and then I talk to someone who says old so and so he is just waiting for the place to start back up. I guess it seems like a dream it me because I have not waited. I have moved on. Put old things in the distant past. Made room for new.

I will kind of be glad to put some of these new things in the past. School for example, glad to get that past, become comfortable, experienced and competent in my new career so that one day when it ends, hopefully at a time of my choosing it will be like a good dream and I can lay my head down in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger