Sunday, March 18, 2007

Lost a friend...

Gary Strong, an old friend of mine and Cathy's passed away last night. I last talked with him about 10pm that evening. We only talked about 15 minutes or so. Said he had been in a funk lately but was feeling better. He was at the beach and told of walking by the water, "not on the water," is the way he put it and watching the sunset.

I told him walking on the water is easy, walking in it is the hard part. Gary was a troubled guy. May he rest in peace. Here is a picture of him on a Mexican beach about 15 years ago maybe. I have quite a few pictures of Gary, but this one I think might capture that thing, what ever it was. He looks a little lost, I hope he is found.

I used to have a poem posted on this page called "Rider In." That's you Gary.

Please remember his family and friends in your prayers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan Maxwell said...

What is Gary's family situation?

I was thinking, I probably haven't seen him in about 20 years and I don't know if he had children or was even still married.

I remember him as a better drummer than me!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Carl said...

No children, never married.

His parents are still living, several brothers and sisters.

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger