Saturday, March 17, 2007

Sold the Trooper...

Cathy and Mary made it in yesterday evening with Morgan's new Isuzu and I capped off a pretty productive week here by selling the old Trooper through a Peddler ad.

Here is an on the road self portrait they made. It is one of a series, I can only assume they were parked when they took them or on a good straight stretch of road.

The ad said runs good, tranny work needed. My mechanic insisted the transmission was out. I though the problem was electrical. My mechanic offered a very low price. I did not sell, but listed what I thought was a fair price for a car that will be needing some money put into it.

So a guy calls, comes checks it out, I can tell he likes it, but calls later and says no. Yesterday he shows up at my door. Wants to look at the car again. He opens the hood and pulls one of the big fuses from the box located there. The car runs fine, transmission shifts. RPMs are up a little because of the lack of refinement or what ever the fuse does. This guy likes the car, leaves to get his wife's blessing for the purchase and returns with cash money.

He got a real good deal, I'm glad, he will need to put some tires on and stuff even if the transmission keeps working so the was my goal to sell at a fair price that took into consideration any expenditures to be made.

Any way it's better that Morgan put his cash into the new one since he's off to the big city for school somewhere and needs something that won't need repairs for at least a couple of years. The Isuzu is so nice and clean it is causing me the sin of envy.

Parallel universe note. The guy that bought the car was a real nice guy. Lives about a mile down the road, I pass his house everyday. He plays the string bass. I play electric bass. He plays ukele and so does my wife. His wife plays several instruments and was a music major at SFA who never finished. Sounds like you know who.

Look for more road trip pictures to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger