Sunday, April 15, 2007

Americana Festival...

Got off work a bit early, put in some time on my power point, Cathy did a quick proof read through my finished case study paper, said looked good, Suzi had left a message that she was coming from Houston for the festival so after Cathy went to work I cruised over to Nacogdoches.


The evening was cool, crowds pretty light for a good free event with some great music. Saw South Austin Jug Band, a great set by them, and then the headliner, Ray Wylie Hubbard. RWH was pretty good, but seemed his voice gave way, maybe it was the cold wind, but heck the guy sat down to play. You know what Cathy thinks about guys that sit down to play. The number he played for encore was "Chotaw Bingo," a James McMurty song with a lot of verses. I could tell he was cracking after three or four and he said "My voice is gone, pick up the CD, goodnight."
Did not get any real good pictures. I don't know maybe my hand is getting shaky, or at night the camera focuses on close objects when there are lights and stuff or something, yeah, that's what it is...

I did pick up his latest, beat paying shipping since you will find in nowhere in Lufkin. Maybe the weather will be better next year.
Saw about 7-10 people I knew there so kind of continued touching base with old friends as has been my old man habit lately.

TKD tournament news, 1st in forms, second sparring for Mary, 3rd in forms for Morgan, double 1st, forms and sparring for Nichole.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger