Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Feast Day...

Today is the Feast Day of Our Lady of La Salette. Our Priests at St. Patrick's are of this order and this is the anniversary of the day she appeared to three small children in the French Alps.

Here are a few Mary pictures I made in New Orleans recently.

A lonely Mary in the courtyard of, according to the historical marker, an old German church from the early 1800s. Looks shut down and I do not know if this was a Katrina casualty or not.











Mary in the grotto at our Lady of Guadalupe International Shrine to St. Jude on Rampart St. in New Orleans. This is the oldest church building in New Orleans.












Candles lit in the grotto.


Hail Mary, Full of Grace, The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of death.
Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger