Thursday, September 13, 2007

So let's talk about the music in New Orleans.

Here is the Soul Rebels Brass Band playing at the Dragon's Den. I am only sorry I did not get a better shot of the tuba player.



Casa Samba, a local drum group celebrated Brazilian Independence Day at Howling Wolf.

See the dancers dance here:

http://www.youtube.com/theolderyouwillget





More Casa Samba members.


Long time New Orleans favorites The Pfister Sisters swing some sweet jazz harmony in Washington Square Park.






Sacred Steel band the Lee Boys get down at The Maple Leaf. This is some hot gospel music, lead by a Hendrix sounding steel player called the Doctor.









Snapped this tuba player in Jackson Square. Your durn tooting I dropped some cash in his tip jar. A brother has to help a brother out.





Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan Maxwell said...

This is what you mentioned last night - I'll have to try to remember to check out the video piece from home.

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger