Wednesday, October 24, 2007

More from the weekend...

Took a round about way home from Ft Worth the other day. Got this shot. It's kind of ironic, when I try to access this web address from work I see a similar message. It has not always been this way. Any way it just kind of makes you want to hit the woods and tell lies about why and what for later.






While driving around we made a stop at an isolated country store for gas. It was cheaper than gas in Lufkin. Made me say why and what for. I looked around in the warm store for awhile because it had been cold and blustery as I stood and gassed up in my caught by surprise short pants and punk rock teeshirt. I looked at some home manufactured crappie jigs hanging in the tackle section. Been hanging there five years I bet, I kind of inspect stuff like this as one of my more minor hobbys. Would catch fish I bet, with it's rubber skirt like legs. Hard stiff hook, maybe by design. If it hangs up, you break off no straightening the hook and getting it back. got to buy more. Too bad that skirt is old fish catching technology. All kind of quiver plastic out there now.

I kept looking around and Cathy found a ceramic monkey piggy bank and I bought it. Another minor hobby, monkey, not piggy bank. The lady at the check out was Asian. In a shrill voice she said, "You not from around here." And you madam? Maybe next time that way I'll stop in again. she will still be there and will say "You man buy monkey."


Passing through Coldsprings on Saturday on the way to the Panther game we were dodging horse excrement all the way and we found where it was coming from. Here you see a trail ride turning left into the fairgrounds and a biker ride turning into the American Legion Post across the street. Wonder what the bikers left on the road the way they came? Too bad I could not catch more bikes in the picture but hopefully you can get the juxtaposition. I came home a different way that night. Bet things got interesting by midnight in these parts.


Finely a celeb shot. Reggie McNeil at the Panther game. He's the former quarterback who lead Lufkin to a State Championship a few years ago, quarterbacked the Aggies, played for the Bengals and has signed with Toronto of the Canadian League. He appears here to give this blog some street cred.

If he saw his picture here he would say why and what for.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger