Sunday, October 14, 2007

Marching Band Gets Ready for Contest...

The Lufkin High School Band heads to contest this week. Always a testy time of the year for band directors. They get nervous. They get crazy, with head Lufkin Band director Mr.William's maniacal look in this picture as proof and they might turn to drink as evidenced by the enjoyment assistant director Mr. Butler seems to be experiencing as he huffs something from an unmarked cup.


They have their reasons no doubt. After all they ride herd on 150 or so teenagers and we can only guess at what they might be thinking. I don't think there is anything to worry about. The drill looked fine on Friday night. Here is a clip titled Lufkin High School Band Contest Drill of the pin wheel segment on our very own youtube channel. The music here is the quiet trio part of the march "Chicago Worlds Fair" and you can barely hear the band for the cheering crowd.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking super sharp and the Chicago March warms my heart.

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good. It's October. People that live in Chicago will soon be using anything they can get to warm their hearts.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger