Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Birds...

Sitting around waiting on this eye to heal is for the birds. In that case I'll post some recent bird shots.

Flamingos at the flamingo Hotel in Las Vegas. Flamingos were the ultimate symbol of lounge cool at one time. This hotel had quite the little waterway system which is even more impressive considering that this is the middle of the desert.



Some times I like to sit in famous spots and watch as people Pose in front of the scenery to have their picture taken. I took a couple of shots for folks, hope they turned out ok considering this was before my surgery and I was not seeing too well out of my right eye at this point. I like to imagine their blogs and the things they write or what their thoughts might be, like if I leave just a little space between me and this guy I can crop him out later if I have too or if I hold my legs really close together maybe I can show this picture to my mom and she won't notice how short my dress is. In the process of all these thoughts and picture making a woman grabbed my camera and made our picture. Turned out ok, I can show it to my mom, I am married to that woman and since I was having some vision problems I got lucky and looked right at the camera. Also notice how she has her hand on my knee. Might as well stay married, can't crop her out.

Wood Ducks at the Flamingo. We hunt these in east Texas. Fly south sometime guys, swim in my belly. I also noted some of the largest koi swimming in these little creeks around the hotel I have every seen. The koi is a popular tattoo subject. If pictured swimming up, means there is a struggle, against the current so to speak.

Through out this exquisitely designed system of ponds and swimming pools (too cold to swim, no one around) I noticed signs that proclaimed "European Bathing Here" What's that mean, they like swim without water?

Ok now skip to Houston. During my surgery I stayed at brother in law Jim's house. He has Mexican Whistling Ducks that summer around his feeders and they returned from the south on March 1st. He has had three broods hatch out in his duck boxes so far, returning each year.







This is a whole different set of ducks waiting on the roof till those pictured on the ground finish eating.





Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger