Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Choir of Cousins...

Cathy put together what was being call a "choir of cousins" for the celebration of Karl Dutt's funeral Mass. Here is a picture of some of the cousins at a practice the night before. Also included here are quite a few Wallaces. This group was augmented the next day by about 4 or 5 more and if I tried to name those names I would get them wrong. Any way it was all old Catholic greatest hits so everyone knew the material well and the singing was great.

In this picture from the Monday practice front row you have Rose, Cousin David (from Austin), Mary, Katie, and Cathy. Back row is Morgan, Cousin Michael ( from San Fran Bay area), me, Cousin Patrick (from Spring) and cousin Doug (from Boston). I think some of the others that joined the next day came from Pittsburgh. Shameless plug check Doug's web site, the Classmates Band, on the side bar.

Another shot of Morgan, Cathy, Michael, Patrick and me.
















Cathy and her Pop working on his solo "Precious Lord Lead Me On" for the meditation.















Me, Cathy and all the kids along with Juan and Travis stayed at Sycamore Heights, a Bed and Breakfast run by a couple of friends of Joe and Karl. Great place only a few blocks from the church in the old Heights neighborhood. This is a back yard shot, very well fitted and furnished, inside and out.

I get a chance I'll get a couple of video clips of the practice up on youtube. Nothing ground breaking music wise, you may hear a few clams, but it was really wonderful how the family came together and celebrated Karl's life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Carl, Please tell Cathy and family we remember well those two at Rose's wedding and it was great to see their smiling faces on the blog. Could not see the latest pictures on the blog. We think of you often and hope to see you sometime this summer. Love to all, Suzi and Charlie

7:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words about Joe and Karl.

Thanks also for the notification about the pictures.

"It takes a village to raise a blog..."

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger