Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Some Times it Feels Good on the Edge...

What's not in this picture is the fact that the boat is underway at full speed. What is in the the picture is El Guapo and a couple of warning signs that say things like, wear a life jacket, stay inside railing and must possess at least moderate intelligence to ride this craft safely.
Another instance of total disregard for warnings. I think that sign says "Warning, No Feeding Fish."


Look closely at El Guapos back. You can see the healing wounds of his latest adventure. Seems that when we went to Austin a couple of weekends ago something grabbed him right behind the neck and gave him a good shake. The result was a sore shoulder and numerous bite marks. These injuries were described by a health care professional who lives here with me as "bit all to be damned."

I think he was about dead when we got home. He slept on the couch 24 hours, I washed his wounds daily and made him take physical therapy. Two weeks later he is glad to go fishing. Good thing his insurance is good. If he was self pay he would never be able to afford my services which totaled $39,000. I guess after surviving all that I might stand and look over the edge also.

We caught 16 catfish. Maybe a little under average size but fun still, seems like we have not been too mad at the fish for July and August. Lots of these little birds perched on small stickups in the area we were fishing. They were waiting for schooling fish to break the top to get in on the bigs eat the littles action. We saw one flurry of schooling action, looked like hybrids or white bass, but a slight chop was making it hard for birds and big fish to spot the shad schooling near the surface.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger