Monday, July 27, 2009

More Altura Musical...

Altura Muscial opened at Cuzco's for Pegasso this past weekend. Cuzco's is a restaurant and even though I have eaten there a couple of times I did not know it had a pretty nice dance hall in the back. Pegasso is a big name Hispanic band from the 80s or so. It was it explained to me that they are kind of like Led Zeppelin. That's what I understood, but it was dark, late and there was a language barrier.
From left, Beto, Gonzalo (partially hidden) Enrique, Miguel and Edwin.

Beto and Gonzalo.









I guess I don't understand why that "More Cowbell" skit was so funny. In East Texas, just as in New Orleans and other places round the world when they say more cowbell, they really mean it. I think accordions are cool also, used in Gypsy punk, check links on the side bar.
Miguel and Edwin.











I mentioned getting shook down earlier in the day on Saturday by security at the body scanners in the Bush Presidential Library. I know it kind of seems like a strange sci-fi/detective/crime/romance novel, but I got shook down again, this time manually going into this bar. I guess all those security folks read the blog and know how dangerous I am. Maybe all this was caught on security cameras or other people's blogs and somewhere in the world tonight someone is saying, "look, there's that guy again."
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger