Sunday, August 02, 2009

Quinceanera...

Attended Crystal's Quineceria yesterday and our little church choir played for the Mass.

Google Quinceanera if you don't know what it is. It has it's roots in Aztec culture back to around 500 BC. Here's the Chambelanis and Damas that make up her court. Mary and Miguel were in the court.
The Zamoras.
Cathy thought this was a good picture. Taken right before things got started at the church it captures friends and family all caught up in preparations for the big day.

Actually the preparations have been ongoing for some time, planning, dance rehearsals, food arrangements and so on.
The dance afterwards was held at the Civic center with music by Altura Musical.

Took a lot of pictures, get them up later this week.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Ana Manrique said...

Great information!

I would love to re-post this blog post to our new blog when it is launched August 18th!

This post is authentic and real, great information as well.

Thank you.

~Ana Manrique (Ask Ana)
Uniquely Quince
www.uniquelyquince.com

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Big Quince Fan said...

Feel free to use this info.

I just ask that you treat the images of my family and friends with dignity.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger