Thursday, October 01, 2009

More Church Festival Pictures...

Got to love a festival for picture opportunities. Not my guitars, but belonging to another band who I did not get to see play I think the lettering Announces "Tropical Star" as the band name.

I was trying to set this up to rival the guitar pictures Mary made, but that donut box to left of the bass guitar neck kind of ruined things. Funny story there, we started our set at 10am. As a joke I called from the stage that the band needed a dozen donuts to the stage, as other bands might call for a dozen tequila shots. From the nearest food booth, the Filipinos, someone produced a dozen donuts and brought them to the stage. Nice folks, Filipinos, they are like that.





A group known best I could tell as "Rascals of the North." They were from Palestine. Texas that is.











Not really rare around here but they had a female drummer.















This photo does not really capture the flow of motion but imagine if you took cumbia music, added hip hop beats then cumbia dance steps cut with the occasional moonwalk and you get the idea. Hope this don't scare you MAWGs out there, the ones who think there is no good music anymore. I got news, there are things happening that are here to stay.



Posted by Picasa

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Katie said...

Dad, I thought MAWGs stood for Men Angry White Guys but Charles corrected me and said it was Middle-Aged White Guys which is much better. Love you and the blog!

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger