Monday, December 28, 2009

Os!...

Here's another Christmas tradition, I know I know, some have already taken down the lights, the tree but I am still absorbing all the fun and good eating of the last week or some and am fully intent on extending into the new year with same same.

This is the BIL Kevin oyster shuck tradition. Kevin, Margaret and Grayson fly into Houston and don't pass go until they have stopped at Kingwood Seafood and picked up a bunch of oysters in the shell. We had them raw, grilled and fried.


Pop bears down. I think there is about everything you need right there on that 12 square foot of table, family, fresh food, hot sauce, utensils, deep fry supplies and matches.

These oysters shucked out good, clean and fresh.









I like to shuck oysters. My tool of choice is a sears screwdriver, 60s vintage, you can find one in any old man's barn. Sometimes I wish I was dumb, could just head down to New Orleans and shuck oysters in French Quarter restaurants as a career, smoking Picayune cigarettes in back allys during my break times.



Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger