Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Weird Lights and Other Significant Christmas Observations...

As I gaze on Christmas lights I thought I saw in my yard I realized it was time for the annual Christmas card count. You know, the one I do each year as I as I sit forlornly, warned by shrill subversive voices that it's bad to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas."

Once again it's the secular vs. the religious and guess who comes up short? The church goers once again find themselves in a hole, barring a Christmas Eve rally, behind 22 to 12. That's right only 12 cards featured religious images. The rest were either some representation of a heathen eternal circle of light as pictured above, pagan images of wreaths, trees, snowmen, one that seems to be an artist's rendering of the French Quarter (had some good holidays there for sure) and otherwise plain old pleasant winter scenes. Out of this count (and don't make fun of me because I only got 34 Christmas cards) I can safely confirm only one probable atheist and one unconfirmed that I think is screwing with me because he sent one card from each category.

As usually, cards, letters emails are welcome, beats a vist by me to your house.
Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger