Friday, December 24, 2010

It's Christmas Eve on Big Slough Man...

Nice Christmas Eve duck hunt on Big Slough this morning with my son, Morgan. I killed three wood ducks, two drakes and a hen, he killed one squirrel. Here's a photo of my woodies and my Dad's old 1959 Model 12 Winchester 12 gauge shotgun. My ears are ringing a bit from it speaking it's voice in the still river bottom woods as day broke.
Three woodies is all you can kill. You can fill out a six bird bag with other kinds, but here you see Morgan taking up my spot to see if I left any.
Low water in the background. How I like to hunt the big slough. Slough you see behind me is about waist deep.














I let this boy pass. Not sure what it was, the hair style indicates some kind of merganser. Might not have even been a duck. He was minding his own business, grunting and diving for food while I took his picture. The next bunch of woodies came in while he was still there, might have scared him a bit, I got a double from that group.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger