Friday, December 17, 2010

Valiant Struggle #11

This is an art installation we spotted in Millennium Park on our Chicago trip. Titled "Valiant Struggle #11" it immediately brings to mind the nature of the preceding 10. Sorry, I did not get the artist's name. Remember, Google is your friend. I thought about this piece of work because it's been that kind of week, a real busy week.
You know how it is in the holiday season, plenty parties, a big one just finished at my house with all the kids in. Another party at work and at the TKD school required pot luck dishes prepared. Thanks to the kids for my gift a USB turntable that I got set up this week. It works well. Burned some of the old Dixieland records Miguel gave me. A minor struggle to install the needed software, I guess it's all over town now that itunes owns me.

The photo at the left depicts the struggle I have had with a hot tub repair. Out of order almost two months now the needed part is expected to arrive after the first. Don't ask me for a recommendation on pool and spa companies right now.


The part of the struggle depicted here is when I awoke to a water bed leak at 4:30 am Wednesday morning. I had it patched by dawn, couple of days to let things dry a bit and I will give it a try tonight.

I think it was the reggae band Steel Pulse that had a song, "The Struggle Goes On." I'm working this weekend, cooking for a party tomorrow night and so on.


Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger