Sunday, January 16, 2011

Black Belt Nationals, Dallas, TX...

Mary was at her usual best at yesterday's Black Belt National Tournament held in Dallas Texas. Here you see her form, she lost out on a tough tie breaker but placed 1st in sparring. The points from this should score her in the top ten in the world leading to a possible trip to the world Tournament in Little Rock this summer if she maintains the standings.
Here's Mary sparring. You can see other Lufkin folk looking on in the distant background.
As for my tournament they did not like anything I had. Low form scores, did not seem to see any contact I made sparring other than this illegal punch to the face, captured so vividly by Mary. This is what happens when you don't feel like they are calling your points, you push harder, hit harder and end up making dumb mistakes. I guess i can't really complain, after all I will be another year older this week, I have had a pretty good run, placing if I remember correctly, the record can be researched on this blog, at all National Events I have attended the past three or four years. I did not really put much prep time into the material this time and there were a bunch of guys younger, new to the ring and hungrier than me. Morgan also felt he made a rusty showing, it's been difficult for him to train, the nearest ATA school is 40 miles from his home.
After the tournament paid a visit to cousin David and his wife Kathy. They live in Plano. We had a meal at a Red White and Blue BBQ joint decorated with photos and music memorabilia of the great regional blues performers and venues of the Texas and Louisiana music circuit.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger