Thursday, January 13, 2011

Did Ya Here About the Last Fishing Trip...

We really killed them. Didn't fire till we saw the whites of their eyes. No really, that's the battle ship Texas. We did not really fish from it, but I bet they do have a decent size live well. When we dropped Katie and Peter at the Hobby airport on their recent visit we saw the sign for the ship and the adjoining San Jacinto Battleground so we stopped by for a visit. We dis not go on the ship but instead toured the monument.



Another grainy cell phone picture from the monument, 633 feet I think over the Texas coastal prairie. See the battle ship in it's slip on the right as a modern day tanker steams by on the left. I would only assume modern Battle ships are larger today or they would be in danger of being run over by the tankers. Probably in it's day the Texas was quite a welcome impressive sight. I actually had a patient, a WW2 vet who told me he saw the Texas in action during the invasion of Okinawa.

After this visit we invaded the nearby Monument Inn Seafood restaurant. It's the best seafood, with the possible exception of sushi which has to be good to be editable, I have eaten. It was fried up in the good gulf coast style with boiled shrimp and raw oysters on the half shell.

Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger