Thursday, August 11, 2011

Rather be in Some Dark Hollar...

Pretty easy to make this old song lyric come true in East Texas. Really hard for me to imagine some place where you couldn't just run out for a swim really quick to cool off on these 100 degree days. In this photo you look down Boykin Springs Creek toward the turn of the century logging ghost town of Old Aldredge. It's maybe a 4 mile hike down a pleasant trail that runs along this creek past a late summer crop of 2 million seed ticks. Only thing is I hear the town is off limits due to the years of vandalism that have left the old concrete walls of the buildings an eye sore. May be they will fix it up so it's a good hike again.
Looking back towards the lake, me and my Dad caught 60 put and take hatchery trout on canned corn from this little deep creek hole in the late 1970s.
Yeah that song, I always like to change the words a bit:
"rather be in some dark hollar, where the sun refuses to shine.
Than to be in Nacodoches, in a small room with a girl on my mind..."
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger