Monday, October 03, 2011

Scattered Weekend Thoughts...

Been reading a book of short essays on living in New Orleans. Guess that's what brings these things on.

It started Saturday. I'm at the Monastery Bazaar. I do go to other things as well as parties where all take of their shirts off and as I sign up to have a copy of the Nun's newsletter, The Monastery Bells, mailed to my home. I note that the name above mine on the list is Suzi's, who with coincidentally I have some New Orleans connection. Spelled the same, first and last. Just has a Lufkin address. When did she move?

Later on Saturday night I am listening to WWOZ, the New Orleans Public Radio Guardians of the Groove streaming over the internet waves and the announcer says "Waiting to take your calls and pledges are John and Matt." That's, Cathy's brothers. What are they doing in New Orleans, take me with you guys.

I guess it's Biblical, Time for a road trip.

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger