Friday, January 13, 2012

Oysters...



Brother in law Kevin, seen here in the foreground, is a man with a mission. Each Christmas he flies to Texas like some kind of culinary good taste Santa and on his way to the family gathering picks up a sack of oysters on the shell. In the back ground oyster elves Morgan, Cathy and Rose busy themselves at the shuck shop.
















Right from the shell...That's Margaret, Santa Kevin's main helper and Cathy's sister in the background.






























Close up of Cathy and Margaret at work.


These were Louisiana oysters, nice and fresh from Woodlands Seafood. Why aren't we driving down to buy these each weekend?


 Texas oysters not doing so good right now with low water flows into the Gulf and fall red tides. The next day after this party we shucked what was left and broiled a nice Oysters Rockefeller in the oven. 














 Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger