Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Rudeness...







Some people, well guys I guess give their guitars girl names. I think I'll call this cigar box guitar I made the other day "Rudeness" since that's the best way to describe it's over all tone. I know that's not supposed to be a girl name. 

The cigar box is from the cigars I gave out when Mary was born. Travis Club Cigars are or were made in San Antonio. The various guitar parts are salvaged from old stuff laying around, cheap guitars, broken effects pedals and and parts left over from the times I have taken my vintage Fender amps apart, accidentally  letting the magic smoke out. The neck is from Lowe's. I stained it brown with shoe polish. 

I strung it up with some used strings around the house. Two nickle strings sound good and will be the ticket. The third one was a phosphor/bronze that just did not have the mojo for the little humbucking picket. Think I'll copy right the headstock shape. Meant to be played with a slide it seems to like open D tuning. 

Had a little trouble with the electronics. Stretching and pulling the cheap imported components separated the thin wiring from it's dobbed solder.  Next time I have a day I'll get out the iron, fix her up. Maybe post some sound samples.    Posted by Picasa

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Katherine Wallace said...

Looks pretty cool Dad

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Gary Wayne said...

I can attest to the fact that this is a high caliber intstrument. It plays as good as it looks.-GWB

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger