Sunday, May 13, 2012

Catfish Killers...

Cathy and Mary pull up a double. That was one of many this day as we caught 35 cats. They were slip corked 5' deep on a big shallow flat between two islands. With last summer's drought the area in front of the girls was dry land. Low water has never kept me from catching fish but it is nice to have the lake nice and full for the start of summer.




Did I catch any fish you say? Well while they were in the front of the boat
catfish killing I was in the back butter fly chilling. You can see it
on my hat. They told me if I moved it would die. Is that right?
You can see here that I took no chances, keeping my neck real still.



























 Mary with her friend. Are butterflies good to eat?


Anyway we had my Mom out, fried these boys (the catfish, not the butterflies) nice and crisp and ate too much. Today for lunch I even had a fish sandwich with the left overs. Toasted bread, pickles, onion, home made tarter sauce and two fat fish fillets. It reminded me of the shrimp, oyster and fish loaf sandwich's you can get at Casimento's restaurant on Magazine Street in New Orleans.
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Peter said...

Last night I told Katherine your fish tastes like ketchup, grease and heaven. Save some for us!

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger