Sunday, October 07, 2012

Met This Guy...

Met this guy at a Stone Wall Rockers gig I played this weekend. His Name is Furman and he made this cigar box guitar. Really nice work, especially the neck. It's electric with a small amp he purchased on the net somewhere. It's in the Jack Daniels tin around his neck. Cigar box guitars are hot right now. You have seen photos of my first crude attempt. Furman says he has made 25 instruments of this sort out of various stuff he finds around. I did not play this guitar and I only heard a short bit of his playing but I am guessing this could possibly sell for several hundred dollars judging from the current market. 

I have plans to make a few more of these my self especially since my first attempt while not as polished as this is a perfectly functional item. Juan gave me an old dremmel tool for cutting and sanding. I have located a vendor for prewired pickups and jacks that are very cheap. My next project I am planning a license plate guitar. 

In the meantime I will keep on the look out for found items to use as guitar bodies. Watch out in local music stores. You may see a Mudbellycaster on sale in your town soon.     Posted by Picasa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger