Monday, January 28, 2013

Let's Dress Country!...




Last summer I visited The Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville. My last weekend off we meandered around East Texas and Louisiana and toured the Texas and Louisiana Country Music Halls of Fame. I like looking at the memorabilia, music, instruments and the clothes of famed performers. In the old days cowboy singers were pretty flashy. No torn jeans and ball caps for these guys. 

Pictured here are a few of the outfits folks wore. It was a way to set yourself apart. I like to think that once some of these fellers put on pink and sequins with a nice scarf around the neck they had an "I did not know I was going to look good in that" moment.

Like I say, always dress like you are with the band.     Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger