Tuesday, February 12, 2013

All on a Mardi Gras Day...


"All you could hear the people say was Oh bah Lay all on a Mardi Gras Day." At least that's what it sounds like Dr. John the Night Tripper said on the song of the same name as this essay. Another one one of my favorites is from the Mardi Gras Indian song "Keep the Boys on the Battle Front" sounds something like "mitey coo de fio all on a Mardi Gras day." I guess you can say anything you want on a Mardi Gras Day as long as it sounds cool.

As I write this Pete Fountain is getting ready to kick off his yearly "Half Fast Walking Parade" through the French Quarter  That starts at 7:15 AM. I always wondered if Pete stayed up all night or just got up early to lead this. He's still playing but he's old. Lots of fall risk situations on Bourbon St. I hope he's careful. Any way in case you are wondering we are not in the French Quater this morning. This is just the old famous picture of us on the corner of Bourbon and Toulouse. It dates from Mardi Gras 1988.

I think this one was taken on the ferry crossing the river. Unsure who took these photos, maybe Darwin. I still have that shirt. It was at least 10 years old when this picture was made. I also still have the girl and I think she still has that coat. Mardi Gras has been good to me.    Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Love!

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger