Saturday, February 02, 2013

Mudcaster #2...





If you have followed my instrument making adventures you may be aware of my first cigar box guitar. It was a home made job from parts and cigar boxes I had laying around. Here's Mudcaster #2 made from a kit That was a Christmas gift from brother Glenn. All parts you need are included in this kit which is available from http://www.cbgitty.com/. They have lots of cool stuff. I'll most likely be ordering more stuff. If you Check the page out you will note that Sir Paul McCartney  has been sighted on two recent occasions playing a cigar box on stage. Cigar Boxes are going to be big. Glad I was here first. 

First photo is the guitar. I need to learn to photograph guitars better. 

Second photo is the box, Romeo and Juliets hand rolled in Honduras. 

Custom headstock. Cut it myself. 

Electric? Of course. It does sound good acoustically. Kind of like a primitive banjo. Of course you should know I think a banjo is a good thing.  

I got a lot of things right on the first cigar box I made. Things fixed are more reliable electronics, better acoustic sound and an appropriate scale length for guitar. After I finished this I made a quick trip to the hardware store for a few common items to begin my next build. It will be from found items and parts I have laying around. 

So what does it sound like? Here's a clip. Mary is playing the drum:
 http://soundcloud.com/carl-wallace-1/i-got-a-girl-sleepwalks-every

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

"...I know I've seen that face before," Big Jim was thinking to himself "Maybe down in Mexico or a picture up on somebody's shelf..."Bob Dylan from "Lilly Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts
  • you thought I was after your job
  • Gogol Bordello
  • Cathy's favorite band. They named this blog.
  • Wallace Fun Photos
  • My online photos.
  • J Pigg Stink Bait
  • A good bait, the current favorite
  • Satch
  • WWOZ New Orleans Jazz Fest Radio
  • The Older You Will Get Video Channel
  • I Make all these myself.
  • Stone Wall Studio
  • First Place I Was Ever Mentioned on The Internet
  • Facebook
  • Lots of me on Facebook
  • St. Patrick Catholic Church Lufkin, Tx
  • I am webmaster of the official church web site

    Powered by Blogger